11 November 2007

Beautiful Weather But No Packages

The weather here has been incredible the past couple of days. Sunshine, warmth (20-30 degrees), and Skuas. Yes, they're finally here. A message that summer is here. I didn't make the SAR team. As a matter of fact, a few people that I thought would be shoe-ins didn't. I'm still waiting to have my interview for the lieutenant's position within the station. The snow is starting to blow away or melt within the base. Everything is turning shades of brown from white. We still haven't gotten our packages and no one has been able to give anyone a straight answer as to when they'd get here. The rumor mill has been spitting out all kinds of...well, rumors, about When our mail will get here, how much mail is waiting to come down, etc. 7 days of canceled flights didn't help much either. Haha, it's funny that I keep ordering things or having things shipped down here thinking that I'll have something in a couple weeks. Hopefully Raytheon or the NSF won't do anything stupid like put our mail at the low end of the priority scale. I can see a revolt being born because of that.

No comments: