21 August 2011

Vacation - Morocco Finally

The waning days of summer are here. Soon it will be September which brings the start of fall, one of my favorite seasons. The summer has been very non-exciting for me. I spent most of it slaving over school work and an absurd amount of overtime (voluntary albeit) at work. The overtime has paid off, however, because I'm departing on a two week trip to The Netherlands and Morocco on 25 Aug.

A friend of mine I met in the Cook Islands back in 2009 on my way back from McMurdo/NZ invited me to his birthday part where he lives in Rossum, NL. I didn't really think about it and just nonchalantly agreed to come. It just so happened that the day of his party fell within my vacation block I had set aside to attend Burning Man for this year. Back in July when I decided to do this trip I thought hard as to what I should do with the remainder of the time I had and could allot. I decided to try to resurrect a trip I had originally planned back in 2008 post-Antarctica to Morocco for the sake of climbing. So I figure from the 31st or the 1st to 7 Sep I'll spend tooling around Morocco with the hopes of finding vagabond climbers to hook up with which will give me plenty of time to make it back to Madrid by 9 Sep to fly back to Dulles. Anyways, 4 days and counting till I leave for a much needed vacation.

1 comment:

Karleen said...

You're going to Burning Man?? My brother will be there. Holler at him if you see a Diddy Kong.