01 January 2011

Welcome 2011

It's a brand new year: 2011 to be exact for those of you that didn't know. A lot of people hated 2010 for some reason. Yet as I look back on last year, I can't say it was a bad one for me. If anything, a lot of good things happened to me throughout the year: For one, I strengthened my relationship with my mother which was one of the main reasons I stayed back in this area to begin with. I strengthened my relationships with my friends...especially the ones at Ashburn Vol. Fire & Rescue Dept. I got hired as a paid firefighter with MWAA and was (still am) stationed at Dulles Airport. I've met some really good and genuine people with whom I hope I will stay in contact with no matter where my life takes me. On top of that, I completed one of the first steps to becoming a Paramedic locally and became an EMT-Enhanced (as of writing this I'm still waiting on my card). Yes, 2010 wasn't too bad. 2011 I have a decent amount to look forward to. If all goes well, I'm hoping to be an EMT-Intermediate by the end of the year. If all goes really well, then by the end of June! With a job that pays a little bit better than $11.80 an hour, I'm hoping to travel a lot more. I miss the freedom and adventure of living out west. I miss Antarctica desperately. I don't see myself living in either two for a good while but I can still travel a bit from here, the DC area. For now, I'm going to miss 2010 and everything it's done for me. At the same time I'm going to welcome in 2011 and pray that it's just as fruitful as 2010 was.

No comments: