08 June 2009

A Work Project on Top of West Temple

Monday was a project day at work for we spent all day in the park flying up to two of the several repeaters in the area. With fortune having me on the initial attack load on our helicopter for the day, I got to do the first flight of the day which took us up to West Temple in the park. The morning brought on flying repeater technicians up to the sight as well as slinging their gear up behind them. While we sat there for hours waiting for them to finish (and a while I was flying up too) I took in the scenery around me:



From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




From Zion Helitack 2009




After 3 or 4 hours chilling on top of the plateau we flew back down to let a few other firefighters have some scenic fun this time at a repeater site called Timber Top in the Kolob District of the park. For the rest of us we hung out by I-15 handling cargo nets at our temporary helibase and just hanging out. All in all a fun day at work taking in the scenery of my office!

No comments: