18 February 2009

Last Night in McMurdo

Our last night was one of bonding. As cliche as that sounds, we spent the night drinking (surprisingly), playing a highly agressive and vulgar game of chess (actually several games), and just hanging out. The morning (for myself at least) was spent working whilst a C-17 was on the ground on-loading departing summer-overs like myself. I was given the afternoon to take care of my room inspection and other personal matters which would prepare me for the outside world to come. There was much tension in the fire department because of feelings between certain officers and firefighters. It felt good knowing that I wouldn't be around that for much longer. Tomorrow will bring our introduction back into civilization, vacations, and the preparations for our lives' next journeys to come. Tonight, I probably won't be able to sleep because of the excitement....

No comments: